Saturday, October 29, 2005

Well, we got up at 5:30 to be out of the house by 6:10 to be at the show by 6:30 and get ready for ring time at 8:00am. While standing getting ready to go in to ring, and steward let us know that since the judge was sick, a substitute judge was called in and that we weren't showing until 1:45. *Sigh*, it was going to long day, and it was cold a windy out, I am just thankful I wore my down coat. After waiting all day to go in the ring, the judge kept telling everyone that she wanted to see a "working gait" and to slow all the dogs down. I now know that she had never judged Aussies (actually no herding breeds) before and didn't obviously read the standard. Kyan didn't do anything and actually lost to dogs that he had won over several times before. My friend Brandi had better luck and her puppy took RWB with her bred-by bitch who I took back in for winner's bitch, so that was nice.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better as this judge knows herding breeds. Now, I am going to join Kyan for a nice long nap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home