Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It was a wonderful weekend filled with great weather and friendship. My friend and aussie breeder, Juli Wiseman of Skycove kennel stayed with us this weekedn for the Leesburg 3-day dog show. She and her dogs are welcomed back any time, as they were very unassuming guests and fit in quite nicely. A big thank-you to Juli for all the wonderful tips and hints for groming and presenting a gorgeous picture in the breed ring.
Moxie went to class last night and again I was astounded as to the progress she has made on her remedy, she reallly is such a pleasure to work with in class. I still think we have a a little ways to go, but she is definitely a focused happy girl and will work for you, but will settle and be a loving couch potato too, I just love this girl!
Kyan also has been making great strides in the right direction and I have also learned that Kyan is much more willfull and smart than I ever gave him critic for in the past. Because I didn't provide enough structure and postive reinforcement to train him and make sure he understood what I wanted (I was too busy training him for the show ring, where the name of the game is to look pretty and stand still), I am playing catch-up now, but he is turning out to be quite the gentleman, now that he knows the rules. Norman worked with him last night and we will have daily training sessions, now that I know what the heck I am going!
Moxie and Kyan are still able to swim daily, I hope the weather holds a little while longer, it has been such a wonderful gift to be able to excercise then in the middle summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home